Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Liar Liar pants on Fire

So this morning I awoke to a bit more snow hanging around. Its not so bad I thought. I have seen krispy kreme donut with a deeper coating of sugar than the amount of snow I am looking at. Before going to the station I will have a quick look on the website to see what is happening. They wouldn’t lie on the website would they? it will show in real time where the trains are. Well it does but it’s a work of fiction depending on where you are. I put in Ashford and it showed that it was on time. I was going to take it at face value but that would have been silly so I had a deeper rummage.


My advice is if you want to see were your train is don’t put in the station you are at but put in the next smallest station up the line.

See the picture


The question is how can the train be on time everywhere before and after a station but be Delayed at the station. According to the Southeastern spokesman on the radio the site is a great improvement on last year where they had a text based single page of information. I don’t care if its written in pink on a pink background with flashing animation. If it’s wrong there is no point to it. You cannot defend it by saying its better looking than last year but don’t believe what it’s telling you we are just making that up.


If you haven’t seen this http://railfail.epetitions.net/ fill it in.

It a petition “Southeastern Rail should putting all fares down, not up!”

It’s by a site that is like mine but much more of a professional and less ranty than mine.

1 comment:

  1. Southeastern website says for season ticket holders that they are currently exceeding targets so there will be no refund to the snow chaos - how is this remotely possible. Is it just that I am the most unluckiest person on the planet because I have been commuting from East Kent to Dover for over 5 months and I can count how many times my train has been on time with one hand!

    ReplyDelete