Monday, November 29, 2010

Snow stops play already! FFS

So this Monday morning I was delayed for a foot numbingly 40 minutes getting into work.
The reason for this delay was due to inclement weather. FFS (For F*&ks Sake) this is England its all inclement weather with 4 days of sun a year.

Standing there looking at the announcement board it said "Please look at Timetables" or "works of fiction" as I like to call them. The automated announcement did kindly tell us every minute that the 6.57 is 10 minutes late at 7.07 just in case maths is not your strong point. It did get tricky when we got to 7.10 I had to think hard then. There was no real information until the natives started to get restless, when the next lot of commuters turned up on the platform to see us all standing around looking cold and pissed off more than usual.
There was an announcement that due to the inclement weather there are problems with the signalling in the Ashford area and engineers are working hard to rectify the problem.

So I took pictures of the blizzard that managed to bring Southeastern to a standstill.
Its not exactly heavy is it. I am so glad they are putting up the costs to maintain and upgrade the rail network.
Oh no that's what has been happening for the last 10 years. So when are we going to start seeing any improvements? not in my lifetime I think you bunch thieving mother fluffers.

Nick.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nick, great blog! I too have the pleasure of travelling on SET. This morning my train from Canterbury W. left (I hope you're sitting down) ... a minute early! Luckily I was already boarded but a few others weren't so fortunate and as I've since discovered, the trains following mine were all cancelled. I certainly feel sorry for those guys right now!

    ReplyDelete