Friday, March 19, 2010

Sneeky

So last week was a week without any real delays to speak of.
Same for most of this week except today 10 minutes late into Cannon Street "Due to congestion" Someone brought their own train again..
But then I looked back at my times arriving home last week and this week and realised that although it was only a few minutes here and there if you add it up you are looking at least 15 extra minutes of my life being snatched away by Southeastern per week.
It is amazing that even after they introduced the new timetable in the winter that added a extra 10 minutes to every journey they still manage to constantly fail to meet it.
It is a perfect case of Parkinson's Law "Work expands as to fill the time available for its completion". http://www.berglas.org/Articles/parkinsons_law.pdf worth a read for all you cynics out there

So to counter this the next timetable from Southcrapyeastern should chop of 20 minutes on every journey they the trains would be late but inside the original times.
It won't stop me complaining but it will give me back 15 minutes of my life a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment