Thursday, August 26, 2010

Late again.

The trains were over 15 minutes late this morning.
I am thinking about adding all the time up that they are late and working out how many hours of my life are stolen by Southeastern.
But I think if I do I might just go a bit postal and go on a rampage though the head office.

The reason the train was late was due to a tree on the line at Tonbridge, a signal failure in the Hither Green area and congestion at London bridge.
I think the real reason was that it rained a little bit this morning.

The Muppet announcer at Cannon street had a field day he was so excited relaying all the problems that he forgot to mention that we "should not leave any luggage unattended on the train or platform" or "please have your travel cards ready for inspection at the gate line" like any of the half wits sitting on the gates ever look at your tickets.
They just stand there looking like someone you would expect to see in a freak show audition queue doing their best to ignore you if the gate doesn't accept your tickets.

I still think I will start to top up the time that is wasted on the train. I will see how we go for a month, if it makes me cry I might stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment