Monday, July 12, 2010

Mondays again

First of I would like to apologise for my last blog on rereading it I rambled on a bit. That is what happens when I don't write my thoughts down in one big lump I lose track of where I was and seem to lose the plot a bit.
Anyway this morning I took the later train to London manly because I couldn't get up, it is Monday after all.
The train arrived at London bridge on time ish (what's 5 minutes when you are Southeastern that isn't late). We sat there for about another 5-7 minutes without a word. I was just contemplating getting off and walking when the train moved.
Ok I thought only about 10 minutes in total late not bad for a Monday on Southeastern failway.
But no we moved just to the end of the platform at London bridge and stopped. Only after sitting there for another 5 minutes did they say "sorry for the delay this is due to congestion at Cannon Street" WTF, we then sat for another 10 minutes.
They must have know before we moved off the platform that we were not going anywhere. So if they had announced at London bridge I would have got off there and hoofed it across the bridge in the sun.
But that would require just a smidgen of organisation and communication that Southeastern completely lack. I just would like the simplest things to be possible e.g. train on time if not on time, why and what they are going to do about it.
I do not care if I feel comfortable using the station late at night or if the staff are well dressed etc as a survey they passed around asked. I just want some kind of service for my extortionate season ticket.
So I finally arrived at Cannon street 20 odd minutes late just a bit annoyed only to be greeted by the sound of the Cannon street cretin announcer telling me the train was late due to congestion in the London bridge area double WTF!! was I stuck in some kind of train station Bermuda triangle is it still Monday 12/07/2010 ? have I lost 20 years was that a world war two fighter pilot sitting next to me?
So Southeastern set the bar of failure very low but again have managed to slip in under it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment